Keyboard stand flat part too long
The stand was perfect except for the fact that it was slightly too large. We’re scaling this down a little bit so it should be better.
We’ve added some additional legs for the keyboard, this lets us have a higher degree of tilt if we want. The legs are 4x 3mm acrylic pieces added to the backside of the case. In the GB we will provide you with M2.5 screws for both flat and fully tilted case, but if you want some angle in between, you can source the necessary screws easily for cheap. The screw-holes are the same in front and back, so if you want an inverted tilt, you can also do that!
Foremost, remember to install stabilizers before soldering! The Assembly of this keyboard is relatively simple if you have done any build previously with a plate. The 3mm acrylic plate might cause some challenges as the switches might pop-out before they have been soldered, once soldered, they will sit tight. Using white-pad material helps a lot with assembly and cannot be seen when keycaps have been put on. The Type-C port has an additional support piece. Add this after having the plate soldered with switches.
For the assembly, you will need these parts:
- x67/68 switches
- 1x EC11 15mm/20mm rotary encoder (optional)
- 4x 2U stabilizers, I recommend using Durock stabs
- x67/68 through-hole LEDs in your preferred color (optional) for backlight
- Keycaps and optionally encoder knob
- Basic tools for the screws
If you need help with the assembly or soldering, contact me before ordering and we’ll sort it out! 😊
Here are the color options for this GB. In case of some color is unavailable we will substitute it with something really similar, or wait until there is more in stock.
Neito case color options
As this is a group buy there can be some unforeseen delays. We are trying to get all the orders shipped out asap so that we can stay on our original schedule!
Another risk (or perhaps just my concern) is that there is some issue with the RGB underglow. As shown higher up on the page, we’ve tested that everything should work but we cannot guarantee that they work. PCBWay has marked the RGB LEDs as sensitive so these should be fine, but you can never know if something goes wrong in assembly. The main function of the keyboard will nevertheless work.
By buying this item you acknowledge the manner of this group buy and the risks it come with. Please familiarize yourself with this project before placing an order!
PCB - PCB only, comes in antistatic bag
Case - Acrylic case parts + screws + keyboard stand. Select your prefered color in the cart.
Additional bottom plate - single 3mm layer for better RGB underglow. You probably don’t need this if you buy a clear or frosted case.
If you have any questions or wonder about certain features, just contact me in the way to fits you the best.
If you are contacting me about your order, please send an email!
I’m more than happy to answer your inquiries :)
When is Round 2?
- Maybe in April 2021 if that happens
Do I have to buy the additional bottom plate?
- This additional bottom plate is only for making RGB underglow work better. If you already have in the cart a clear or frosted case, you probably won’t need an additional bottom plate.
Can I use the case with other keyboards?
- Sadly no, this is Neito only for now
Is this keyboard hot-swappable or supports it?
- This keyboard is at least in this GB solder only, not suggesting using millmax sockets as they are quite unreliable
Is there support for ANSI or Split backspace?
- This is an ISO-only board and sadly this revision doesn’t support split backspace
Will there be a chance of buying this keyboard or PCB after the GB?
- There might be some individual units but no real store where this would be sold (unless CandyKeys contacts me about it)
Are you planning on any other case designs than stacked acrylic?
- Maybe, but those are not for this GB, maybe in R2 if that happens.